Requirements of Joining
Although we would love to accept everyone interested in our ideals, we do have some requirements. If you have any questions regarding the requirements, feel free to contact us. So what exactly do you need to join Sigma Phi Delta?
- The IFC mandates that a GPA of at least 2.5 is earned while pledging.
- Must be a male enrolled in the College of Engineering. (Computer Science counts)
- Must be taking at least 12 credit hours every semester while in the fraternity, excluding special circumstances (long term illness, co-op, internship, etc.).
- Must be willing to pay semesterly dues, including a one-time pledging and initiation fee. Note: We do have payment plans for those brothers who would rather pay in installments.
- Must be willing to participate and be an active member in the fraternity, including our pledging program.
Sigma Phi Delta fully abides by the Virginia Tech IFC’s anti-hazing policy. Our pledging program is designed to be fun for everyone. Not only is it our responsibility to ensure that we do not put our pledges in uncomfortable positions, but it is also the pledge’s responsibility to inform someone in the fraternity if they feel they are being hazed, as per the IFC’s anti-hazing policy.